21 July 2015

A New Adventure

Geeks will always be geeks. Nerds will always be nerds. I say "Cheers to that! and they're absolutely happy to stay that way.

What makes them excited?

New stuff to tinker with.



Technical Specifications:
  • Broadcom BCM2836 Arm7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer clocked at 900MHz
  • 1GB RAM
  • 40pin  GPIO
  • 4 x USB 2 ports
  • 4 pole Stereo output (doubles as Composite video port)
  • Full size HDMI
  • CSI camera port for the Raspberry Pi camera
  • DSI display port for the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
  • Micro SD port (push-push)
  • Micro USB power source

Yummy like its namesake fruit, indeed!

This one goes to my nephews in hopes of encouraging them to get into programming and maybe even robotics. I wouldn't mind a automated coffee maker that I can ask to brew my faves from a connected terminal - my phone would be best :)

I'm excited to see what they'll come up with. Let their creativity flow and sky be the limit to what they can achieve. Learning is key.

As for me, another Raspberry Pi project is in my radar right now. Just waiting for some parts and pieces and it will get me busy as a bide time before I can go home the Philippines and be with the family again.

Hopefully, I'll tote with me a Pi Laptop.

Nothing really fancy - just some USB cable splicing activity that will hopefully get this ol' gal warmed up and back into shape for nerdiness galore.

I'd really like to learn soldering. Not sure if I can get a cheap soldering set here in Singapore though.

No comments: